Update #2 (01/15): The HTC 10 Oreo update appears to have been pulled. The RUU file was beforehand made obtainable for obtain from HTC.com, but its webpage can no for a longer period be accessed. The more than-the-air update was also thought to be rolling out to unlocked products in the US, even though we haven’t occur throughout any reviews of this in the wild.
The explanation why the obtain was withdrawn, or in fact why it was made obtainable in the initial location, continues to be a secret. Android Law enforcement suggests it was only HTC 10 house owners with Sunshine S-Off—a paid-for boot unlocking instrument for HTC devices—that ended up able to flash the RUU file, although those people without the need of it experienced attempted and failed to do the exact.
This wouldn’t be the initial time the HTC has experienced complications with an HTC 10 update past year, the Android Nougat deployment in Europe was set on keep owing to a technical issue soon after it began to land. We’ll allow you know about the standing of the Oreo update when we understand additional.
Update #1 (01/12): HTC is now rolling out the Android Oreo update to the HTC 10, according to reviews from Android Law enforcement and Android developer/leaker @LlabTooFeR. The update is hitting the US unlocked products with application variation 3.16.617.2, and its RUU is also obtainable for obtain separately (some customers are reporting problems when making an attempt to put in it manually, even though).
The update features all the envisioned Oreo options like image-in-image manner, improved notifications and instant applications, and comes in at about 1.8 GB. In the meantime, LlabTooFeR also threw out speculation that the European HTC 10 would get Oreo within just the up coming 3-5 months.
As for individual carrier updates, these must abide by in the coming months, but observe that there was additional than a two-month gap among T-Cell and Verizon updates past year, so you could be waiting around some time.
Welcome to the HTC 10 Android update tracker webpage. This webpage covers all significant U.S. carriers with a rapid reference table for just about every and a log with hyperlinks to further particulars. It will be frequently up-to-date with the most recent HTC 10 update information and facts, but it won’t involve normal protection patches.
We endorse you bookmark this webpage so you can remain up to date with the pretty most recent updates.
HTC 10 Android Oreo update
The HTC 10 started to obtain Android Nougat back again in November, generating HTC 1 of the initial manufacturers to roll it out. While the machine isn’t the company priority that it was past year, reviews arrived in on January 11 that the Oreo update was hitting unlocked products in the US. This would have been superior kind for HTC, but it appears that it was a phony alarm.
We’re not guaranteed what’s up coming for the rollout in the US, but the European deployment could be only a handful of months absent. Additional shortly.
HTC 10 Update US
|HTC 10 update – US||Android 6..1||Android 7.||Android 8.|
T-Cell HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- January 7, 2017, T-Cell concerns the HTC 10 Android Nougat update to its customers.
Sprint HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- February 20, 2017, Sprint starts rolling out the closing Nougat build to the HTC 10. It features the most recent protection patches and community efficiency advancements.
Verizon HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- March 30, 2017, Verizon has begun rolling out Android 7. Nougat to HTC 10 products on its community.
- March 29, 2017, HTC Vice President of Merchandise Administration Mo Versi announces that the Android Nougat OTA for HTC 10 house owners on Verizon will start on March 30.
- December 29, 2016, Verizon rolls out most recent HTC 10 protection patches, Nougat nevertheless to arrive.
International HTC 10 update (2PS6200):
- February 23, 2017, Android Nougat confirmed in India on HTC 10.
- February 7, 2017, update starts yet again in mainland Europe.
- January 26, 2017, Nougat rolls out in Russia, Middle East and Turkey, but is delayed in Europe pursuing technical concerns.
- January 24, 2017, Android Nougat hits the UK, the relaxation of Europe to abide by shortly after.
If you have received an update we have missed, strike the responses down below or Suggestion Us!